Samstag, 27. Dezember 2008

Ravens QB battle starts today

Joining the Baltimore Ravens this week to watch the first training camp practices of quarterbacks Troy Smith, Kyle Boller and rookie Joe Flacco.

The trio arrived to McDaniel College with a group of rookies on Monday. They will hit the practice field this morning and begin stating their case for the starting job, while the rest of the veterans will report on Wednesday.

"I think in some ways, it'll probably be the last time we're ever in this situation here, I would hope, for a long time to come,'' Ravens head coach John Harbaugh told reporters Monday. "It's a very unique situation. It's a fun situation to be in, because it's competition in its truest form."

So far not too much distance separates the three signal callers, but expect that to change soon in training camp and during the preseason.

A confident and eager Flacco also held a press conference Monday after signing his five-year, $30 million contract.

"I'm going to go out there and act like I am (the starter), just like everybody else should do," Flacco said. "I want to go out there and play the way I've always played football and expect myself to play. I want to go out there and prove to everybody -- prove to the coaches most importantly -- and myself and my teammates that I can play."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen